Maher’s Fab Fundraising
One of the main objectives of the charity is to enhance the medical equipment and facilities at the hospital in order to keep it at the forefront of paediatric care. Maher’s fundraising is helping their current appeal to buy the latest digital X-ray, which not only emits reduced levels of radiation, but also produces higher resolution pictures, helping to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
Once ‘Team Maher’ had mastered hiking, it was decided to look to running. A group made up of all ages and abilities, joined another 8000 runners to take part in the Great Yorkshire Run in September. The 10 kilometre run was completed by all of the team, cheered on by charity organisers and many supporters, making it a great day enjoyed by all. Team Maher also managed to raise in excess of £2000 for the charity.
Future fundraising is now being planned!
Maher Ltd, Tel: 0114 290 9201
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review