Shipham Valves gains UL/FM listings for Ni Aluminium Bronze Gate Valves
The contract was awarded to Shipham Valves for UL/FM gate valves to be used within the main fire protection sea water pipelines. The fire protection system will service the full project scope including quay
walls for the liquefied natural
gas (LNG) berths, container
berths and coast guard jetty, together with administrative buildings and electricity substations for the port.
Mr Ron Strang, Technical Director of Shipham Valves said “The extensive and stringent testing completed by Shipham to achieve this UL/FM certification underpins the first class quality of our products which combined with the UL and FM ethos ultimately provides credible confidence to our end user customer and their facility insurers”
UL and FM are recognised globally as the standard for loss prevention. Here are relevant extracts from both the UL and FM mission statements;
UL – “Supporting the production and use of products which are physically and environmentally safe and to apply our efforts
to prevent or reduce loss of life and property”
FM – “Objectively testing property loss prevention products and services and certifying those
that meet rigorous loss prevention standards”
Shipham Valves are pleased to now offer this range of Nickel Aluminium Bronze Gate Valves certified and listed to UL 262 and FM 1120/1130 to other clients who require it.
Tel: 01482 323163
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- The Bestobell Cryogenic Gate Valve
- The Fastest Ever Valve Manufacture?
- The World’s Largest Gate Valve in Nickel Aluminium Bronze?
- Belle Greve Pumping Station - T-T to the rescue!
- PVS Chemicals Relies on Precision from Schubert & Salzer
- Aquaflow Valves supply over 250 valves: Aquaflow supply over 250 valves to Crossness Sewage Treatment Works
- Aquaflow introduces Aquavault™ resilient seat wedge gate valve
- New universal sealing disc for sliding gate valves
- Crane Launches Pacific®Forged Line of High-Pressure Gate, Globe and Check Valves
- Schoolhill Engineering find Intervention Tooling Solution