Rotork Profibus DTM Receives Certification
and asset management benefits
for Profibus-enabled Rotork valve actuators, has received Certification from the FDT Group.
The Rotork Profibus DTM works with Field Device Tool (FDT) technology to provide customers with a standard interface, independent of the communication protocol and the software environment of either the device or host system. End users have a single point to access and manage data from multiple networks using different protocols and containing equipment from multiple vendors. It can be used with the majority of Rotork actuator ranges, including IQPro, CVA, Skilmatic SI/EH and ROMPak.
In addition to accessing configuration, parameterisation and graphing for all supported actuator types from the comfort of the control room or a laptop computer, the DTM detects when it is connected to the latest generation of IQPro Profibus actuators. It then automatically displays the extended actuator configuration data and allows for the downloading of extensive logged data and complete actuator configuration.
Benefits of the DTM include the elimination of trips into the field to review, record or change actuator configuration information, particularly if the actuators are situated in remote, harsh or potentially dangerous environments. The same applies to the collection of data logger information that can be used for asset management and to diagnose problems. Maintenance can then be scheduled for the appropriate time, avoiding costly and inconvenient interruptions to plant operations. In addition, the DTM’s easy to use common interface reduces the demand for training, further contributing to the overall lowering of costs and speeding up of plant processes facilitated by Rotork’s DTM software.
Whilst FDT Group Certification signifies that the Rotork Profibus DTM can work with systems from all DCS manufacturers, Rotork has also invested in interoperability testing with a selection of vendors including ABB, Endress+Hauser, Honeywell, Ifak, M&M Software, the Phoenix Contact Group and Yokogawa to confirm optimum performance in a wide variety of applications.
Rotork is a member of the FDT Group and is committed to continually improving and developing the capabilities of this technology to provide customers with the latest capabilities. Future plans include development of Foundation Fieldbus and HART device DTMs to complement the existing Profibus DTM which is now available.
The Rotork DTM software, a new Rotork DTM brochure and the FDT Certificate are all available for free-of-charge download from the Rotork website, in the Profibus literature section: www.rotork.com/en/product/index/profibusliterature
Rotork Controls Ltd
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration
- AUMA secures major water project