Hardide coated ball valves pass ISO 10497 fire test
Hardide Coatings’ ultra-hard tungsten carbide CVD coating has passed BS EN ISO 10497 fire-testing on several sizes of metal-seated ball valves designed and manufactured by Aberdeen-based EnerMech for corrosive and severe service applications.
EnerMech LG Valves’ 2" Class 1500 flanged RF gear operated valve underwent the ISO test which confirmed the pressure containing capability of the valve under pressure during and after the fire test. The body material was ASTM A350 LF2. Certification was awarded by Lloyd’s Register and covers the EnerMech LG Valves range up to 4" 300 Class.
Robin Gillham, business development manager for flow control at Hardide Coatings said: “Adding this industry standard to Hardide’s accreditations gives customers even greater confidence in our coating’s performance on metal-seated ball valves. The Hardide coating has proven it will ‘seal and survive’, making it suitable for fire safe applications.”
Hardide Coatings provides LG Valves manufactured by Aberdeen-based EnerMech, with coating solutions that significantly extend the life of ball valves operating in severe service applications. These include sour hydrocarbon, sand, high pressure and produced water applications in the oil and gas industry as well as power plant, chemical refinery, cryogenic, nuclear and food manufacturing applications.
EnerMech is an established international provider of mechanical services solution to the energy services sector.
Tel: 01869 353830
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Econosto UK to Stock Latest ECON Products: Econosto UK Ltd, which started life as Ball Valves UK in 1984 continues to grow in more ways than one.
- Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- Bifold Innovate!
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Schuck Group awarded Holford contract
- Schuck Flying to Success
- Holford Contract Award for The Schuck Group