AUMA Donates to Nuclear Power Academy
The Academy, which marked its third year of operation in January this year, is a learning centre with facilities and equipment designed to deliver a wide range of courses for EDF Energy – Existing Nuclear’s fleet of power stations. The centre supports the utility’s operational safety / excellence initiatives and reinforces the key principles of nuclear professionalism.
AUMA UK has donated actuators and supporting equipment to the Academy’s Electrical Skills Team. Additionally, one of the company’s modular products is on loan to an apprentice training provider to facilitate the training of all station staff in actuator maintenance.
Based on employee suggestions, the name Nuclear Power Academy was chosen to reflect EDF Energy’s vision to be ‘first in UK power’. The opening of the facility is reported by EDF Energy as a key milestone in the utility’s training improvement strategy
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants