Schischek Explosion Proof Valve Actuators
Introducing Schischek’s unique range of Explosion Proof Electric Valve Actuators
The industry proven product range includes electric actuators, both quarter turn and linear, sensors - both transmitting and switching for differential pressure, temperature, humidity etc, as well as a range of accessories and complimentary control products.
Explosion proof valve actuators have been central to the Schischek success story, Quarter Turn Rotary ‘Max’ actuators for Ball and Butterfly Valves and Linear ‘Run’ for Globe and Control Valves.
Designed and manufactured to the highest possible standards and in accordance with ATEX94/9/EC, Schischek products are suitable for operation in Ex zones 1, 2, 21, & 22 where gases, vapours, mists and dust may be present in the environment.
Schischek has pioneered its own colour coding to indicate, at a glance, the appropriate application area thus avoiding any installation errors:
• Yellow for Schischek ‘Ex’ products for Ex zones 1, 2, 21, 22
• Red for Schischek ‘Red’ products for Ex zones 2 & 22
• Green for Schischek ‘In’ products for Safe Area Industrial applications.
Schischek products are used throughout the world and are approved and certificated by Ex, UL. CSA, both US and C, ExGostR, IECEx, products are IP66 rated and more recently SIL2.
Quarter Turn ‘Max’ actuators are available with and without spring return and have options for On-Off, 3-position and modulating control. Torques range from 5Nm to 150Nm without spring return and 5Nm to 60Nm with spring return. A self adaptable power supply allows actuators to operate from supplies ranging from 24 - 240VAC/DC, an extremely useful feature. Opening and closing times may be selected on the device. Operating temperatures range from -40°C to +40°C with a T6 temperature classification, the best possible. Spring return actuators are suitable for certain application fields up to and including SIL2.
Linear ‘Run’ Actuators are ideal for the automation of globe and 3-way valves. With the same comprehensive range of control modes as the ‘Max’ actuators, Forces range from 0.5kN to 10kN. Again, running times may be selected on board the device and stroke length may be set from 5mm to 60mm. Operating temperatures range from -20°C to +40°C at T6 temperature classification.
New to the product range is the ‘Lin’ rotary to linear conversion device used in conjunction with ‘Max’ for linear valve actuation where spring return failsafe operation is essential. ‘Lin’ allows all the functionality of the ‘Max’ actuator to be utilised.
Forces range from 500N up to 3000N with stroke lengths of 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 30mm and 40mm.This exciting development at last offers clients linear modulating control of their valves with the added feature of spring return.
Schsichek now offer a complete “one-stop-shop” for all small/medium size, hazardous area valve actuation requirements.
Tel: 01245 256007
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants