Process Line Pickle
Choosing the right Corrosion–Resistant Valve for a Pickling Operation
Nil-Cor 310 glass reinforced vinyl ester flanged ball valves provide a cost effective solution to the problem. Of solid construction, with the body, insert, and ball compression moulded, the valve is designed to easily withstand varying concentrations of Hydrochloric acid and other corrosives in circulation, being resistant to both internal and external corrosion.
The valve stem is a Hastelloy C insert which is over moulded with graphite fibre reinforced vinyl ester. Likewise, the gland plate, with its integral locking plate and the gland bolting, are of Hastelloy C as standard. Seats are of virgin PTFE, seals are PTFE coated Viton and the Stem Packing consists of PTFE chevrons.
With a break out torque of less than 27Nm on a 50mm valve the possibility of damaging the FRP flanges on tanks or pipe, is eliminated.
The Nil-Cor 310 series ball valve is “CE” marked, PED compliant and is available in sizes 25mm to 150mm PN16, (1" to 10" ANSI 150). It has a continuous temperature rating from -46°C to 99°C at 19 Bar. Short term exposures to 149°C are acceptable, but exposures above 177°C should be avoided.
Each valve is hydro-statically shell tested at 20.7bar, and seat tested with air at 1.4 Bar and 5.5 Bar.
CPI (Pneumatics) Ltd
Tel: 01623 510245
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Econosto UK to Stock Latest ECON Products: Econosto UK Ltd, which started life as Ball Valves UK in 1984 continues to grow in more ways than one.
- Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- Bifold Innovate!
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Schuck Group awarded Holford contract
- Schuck Flying to Success
- Holford Contract Award for The Schuck Group