ASCO’s Stainless Steel Pilot Valves
ASCO Numatics introduces stainless steel pilot valves for offshore applications 361 series stainless steel pilot valves feature a unique design that e
Corrosion-resistance and reliability are essential for safe operation in harsh offshore environments and the 361 series is designed to provide the highest reliability, with minimal maintenance, and lowest cost of ownership. The valve’s body is made entirely in 316L stainless steel and the Elgiloy and stainless steel springs are designed for corrosion resistance and severe service beyond 1 million cycles.
The 361 series feature innovative, highly reliable and proven T-seal technology that resists the dormancy issues that plague current valves using O-ring seals. O-ring designs can stick upon actuation in low-demand control valve applications. Research carried out by ASCO Numatics found that many users routinely hammer the sides of these valves to ensure they function properly.
The 361 series 1/4", 3-way and 316L stainless steel valves are ATEX and IECEx approved (Ex d) and can be fitted with an explosion proof (low power) operator for use in Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas. The 361 series is offered in manually operated, air piloted, and solenoid piloted versions and can be configured as breathing and non-breathing. The non-breathing version isolates internal components from the atmosphere and is internally vented, preventing contaminants such as salt and dust from entering the valve and corroding the internal components.
The valve’s balanced design maintains the same flow characteristics when the valve is used in a normally open or normally closed configuration. This provides symmetrical flow that enables more flexible setup of the control panel’s pneumatic logic. The 1.2 Kv provides almost double the flow of comparable spool technology. In addition, the valve’s innovative pilot-selector design allows the same unit to be used as an internally or externally piloted solenoid valve, simplifying ordering and reducing inventory.
ASCO Numatics Ltd
Tel: 01695 713600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- ASCO/JOUCOMATIC - Expanded Range of High Flow Pilot Valves for Critical Applications
- New Norgren Herion Ventilation Protector: Norgren Herion Protect Valves and Systems with their New Ventilation Protector
- ASCO Numatics introduces new valve
- ASCO Numatics introduces Pilot Valve
- ASCO Numatics New Catalogue
- Leengate Valves has seen further expansion in 2019: Leengate Valves has seen further expansion & revision in 2019. Continuing to maintain a strong chain of supply to the UK, despite uncertain times
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Delivers Innovative Shuttle Valve Solution
- Multi-Million Pound Order Awarded