Paul Hopkins Appointed MD for AUMA UK
AUMA, the manufacturer and global supplier of modular electric actuation solutions for valve control applications, has appointed a new Managing Director for its UK subsidiary. Paul Hopkins moves from General Manager at LG Electronics to take the MD position at AUMA Actuators Ltd. Ian Sully, the previous Managing Director for AUMA Actuators Ltd, will return to AUMA UK in the near future: he will continue to represent the company in a new role.
With a degree in Energy Engineering, Paul Hopkins started his career at Honeywell controls in engineering, projects and sales roles. In 1995, he took his first general management post at Johnson Controls. Career progression saw Hopkins heading a European controls operation for the Carrier Corporation and, immediately prior to joining AUMA, he was General Manager of LG Electronics, establishing their Energy Solutions Business in the UK.
Commenting on the strength of the AUMA brand, Paul Hopkins said:
“AUMA has a strong reputation for its modular electric actuation technology that gives customers true flexibility in their automation systems. With the backing of the AUMA organisation, and a strong local team which prides itself on high service levels, I will build on the excellent work of my predecessor and continue to develop the UK operation.
“The Generation .2 product range for AUMA has recently been launched, and the UK company moved into purpose built facilities last year. We are therefore in a very strong position to grow the company, our applications and our markets.”
AUMA was established in Ostfildern- Nellingen in Germany in 1964 and in 1972, Muellheim became AUMA’s headquarters. In 1976, the UK operation was established as a limited company and became one of the Group’s first subsidiaries, along with Benelux and North America. Continued global growth for the AUMA Group has resulted in 19 subsidiaries and representation in every continent.
Auma Actuators Ltd
Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- BEL Valves appoints new Sales & Marketing Director
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves expand into Australian Oil & Gas market
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves appoints a new Area Sales Manager for Scotland (Aberdeen)
- APPOINTMENTS: Surface engineering technology company, Hardide Coatings Limited, has appointed Nick King as business development manager for UK and Europe.
- Weir Valves & Controls UKExpands sales and marketing team
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
- Emerson appoints Stuart Young
- Rotork appoints new Sales Manager for Network Systems
- New Managing Director for Rotork Fluid Systems
- David Dunbar named as European President for Emerson Process Management