United Utilities Keeps Exeeco in Charge
Since the award of the original United Utilities maintenance framework contract in 2004, Exeeco APS has been responsible for the actuation service and repair activities in an area of northwest England stretching from Carlisle to Crewe and Morecambe to Macclesfield. Within these boundaries, United Utilities operates more than 700 water and sewage treatment plants and 170,000 kilometres of pipework and sewers, serving a population of seven million.
The new contract will continue to give United Utilities access to Exeeco’s broad range of skills, built up over nearly forty years of experience as the UK’s largest actuator service provider. Exeeco’s responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of all actuator types, whether electric, hydraulic or pneumatic, on a 24 hour-a-day call out basis. Services are performed by a fully trained specialist actuator workforce and supported by large spares stockholdings, strategically held at Exeeco’s head office and workshops in Leeds.
Exeeco will continue to assist with the management of obsolescence issues, upgrading existing actuators with Rotork equipment and providing retrofit services encompassing valves, penstocks, actuators and electrical services.
United Utilities Maintenance Support Engineer Darren Howarth says: “Exeeco plays a major part in the maintenance and management of our actuation assets, helping us to deliver excellent service for all our customers.”
Ian Elliott, Exeeco APS sales manager, observes: “The award of this prestigious contract will enable United Utilities to draw on the full range of actuation services provided by Exeeco. We are looking forward to continuing to meet United Utilities’ requirements on these important tasks.”
Actuation Projects & Services Exeeco
Tel: 01132 057237
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- Has Industry Forgotten How to Cooperate in Technological Developments?
- Emerson to Build Control Valve Industry’s Largest and Most Technologically-Advanced Research Laboratory Multi-million dollar renovation and expansion will create the Fisher® Technology Development Centre
- Truflo Marine unveil new Flow & Test Cycle Rig - Going with the Flow
- KKI signs Brazil agreement
- Updated Cee Vee!
- Testing times at KKI
- Nuclear Industry Welcomes “Clear” Government Energy Framework: The UK’s civil nuclear trade association has welcomed today’s publication of the Government’s finalised National Policy Statements (NPS) following ext
- Metso’s new Valve Technology Center: The new facility is in line with the company’s long-term strategy to invest in quality and delivery capabilities globally for Metso’s valve customers
- Tyco Supports Global Power Industry: Tyco Flow Control Supports Global Power Industry with Sempell Facility Extension
- Quality & Integrity - a MOGAS Commitment: MOGAS Industries runs every aspect of the company the same way they design and build valves — with an unwavering commitment to quality and integrity