Saint-Gobain PAM supplies South West Water
Saint-Gobain PAM UK supplies South West Water with ductile pipes and fittings for new £2m pipeline serving Cranbrook New Town
In the project, costing more than £2 million, the 6.35km DN500 pipeline will serve mains water to 800 new properties in the Pinhoe area, 2,200 north of Black Horse and a further 6,500 properties at Cranbrook.
Situated in the east of Exeter growth area, Cranbrook embodies a unique concept of a brand new low carbon community and will become one of the country’s leading sustainable developments.
According to Phil Green, Head of Technical Sales of Saint-Gobain PAM UK, among the key benefits influencing the water company’s decision to opt for the Saint-Gobain PAM UK solution was the protection provided by the company’s standard Natural pipes. This offered the ideal solution for corrosion protection across a variety of ground conditions. Also, the use of Saint-Gobain PAM UK anchor gaskets eliminated the need to use concrete thrust blocks in remote and waterlogged access points.
He said: “Additional value-added services which had a significant effect on Saint-Gobain PAM UK securing the work included our high level of design assistance and value engineering, both of which helped contractor Balfour Beatty Utility Services (BBUSL) submit a competitive cost solution to South West Water. We worked closely with BBUSL at all times, attending design reviews and offering options in respect of supplier choice.”
Saint Gobain PAM UK Ltd
Tel: 0115 930 5000
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- ITT Corporation to Acquire International Motion Control
- Norgren - Making customers more successful worldwide
- Bifold AXIS Manifold System Revolutionizes Valve Actuator Control
- Tungum - A Company Profile
- Crane Viking Johnson Flow Control Solutions: Keeping Anglian water customers connected
- Saint-Gobain PAM UK to Offer-One Stop Shop: New joint sets allow Saint-Gobain PAM UK to offer-one stop shop for CESWI-compliant pipe solutions
- AlphaRadin Smart Wireless Valves
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- UK’s First Open-access Downhole Test Facility Launched by BHR Group: New facility gives subsea equipment providers fast, onshore access to real-world testing.