South American Power Scheme for SIPOS
Italian based Industrie CBI selected SIPOS’ actuators for the ambitious environmental retrofit project that incorporates the Tocopilla thermal power station and Mejillones coal fired plant. With Tocopilla alone generating over 1,000 MW of power, the programme is a highly significant green scheme for South America.
SIPOS 5 HiMod actuators were selected for their advanced flexibility and accuracy. The first two actuators will be supplied in November 2011, followed by subsequent commissions scheduled for February and September 2012.
Launched in 2010, the SIPOS 5 HiMod is designed to complement the actuator manufacturer’s established 5 Flash product series, that has been supplied for industrial valve applications since the late 90s. Designed to address the most challenging valve control requirements for high end modulating duty, precision and longevity, the SIPOS 5 HiMod is ideally suited to the meet the demands of power industry installations.
Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration
- AUMA secures major water project