United Utilities keeps Exeeco in charge of reliable valve actuation
Since the award of the original United Utilities maintenance framework contract in 2004, Exeeco APS has been responsible for the actuation service and repair activities in an area of northwest England stretching from Carlisle to Crewe and Morecambe to Macclesfield. Within these boundaries, United Utilities operates more than 700 water and sewage treatment plants and 170,000 kilometres of pipework and sewers, serving a population of seven million.
The new contract will continue to give United Utilities access to Exeeco’s broad range of skills, built up over nearly forty years of experience as the UK’s largest actuator service provider. Exeeco’s responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of all actuator types, whether electric, hydraulic or pneumatic, on a 24 hour-a-day call out basis. Services are performed by a fully trained specialist actuator workforce and supported by large spares stockholdings, strategically held at Exeeco’s head office and workshops in Leeds.
Exeeco will continue to assist with the management of obsolescence issues, upgrading existing actuators with Rotork equipment and providing retrofit services encompassing valves, penstocks, actuators and electrical services.
United Utilities Maintenance Support Engineer Darren Howarth says: “Exeeco plays a major part in the maintenance and management of our actuation assets, helping us to deliver excellent service for all our customers.”
Ian Elliott, Exeeco APS sales manager, observes: “The award of this prestigious contract will enable United Utilities to draw on the full range of actuation services provided by Exeeco. We are looking forward to continuing to meet United Utilities’ requirements on these important tasks.”
Actuation Projects & Services Exeeco
Tel: 01132 057237
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Exeeco Awarded Valve Automation Framework Agreement for RWE npower Power Stations
- New and Enlarged UK Service Workshop for Rotork Valve Actuators
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork Site Services assures reliable valve operation at vital fuel supply plants
- Rotork Site Services package secures vital actuation and control upgrade at BP tank farm
- AUMA UK’s SIPOS and Siemens Service Specialism
- Rotork Site Services contributes to improved efficiency for Thames Water
- AUMA ACE Scheme Drives up the Standard
- SQEP supported by AUMA UK’s ACE scheme
- AUMA Extends SIL Solutions