SIPOS’ hot topic
Drawing on its track record supplying actuators for district heating in Europe and district cooling (DC) applications in the Middle East, SIPOS demonstrated expertise in the supply of field devices to secure the community heating project order. The company also illustrated capability in providing the fieldbus communication technology required to support modernisation of the 250km district heating system. The pioneering project has replaced an existing district heating system that used hand controlled valves with a radio controlled solution.
As part of the tender process, site visits were made by SIPOS’ local partner, Aumator who undertook a comprehensive assessment including measurement of wells, valve shafts and flanges. SIPOS’ actuators were commissioned in the summer of 2011: the devices are successfully fulfilling their function and have assisted in heating the City during its extreme winter weather.
District cooling and heating applications benefit from SIPOS’ specialism in variable speed actuation technology which prevents water hammer. As a result of this expertise, SIPOS reports continued significant orders to support collective environmental projects.
Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants