Manually energised solution for failsafe valve actuators
The Rotork ManPower range greatly reduces installation time and expense since no external electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic power supply is required. Suitable for a wide range of ball, butterfly and plug valves, the scotch-yoke actuators are equipped with a compact, self-contained manually operated hydraulic power pack. A hydraulic hand pump on the power pack is used to operate the actuator and compress the failsafe spring, holding the valve in the desired open or closed position until a failsafe signal is received, at which point the spring will immediately drive the valve to the safe position.
Failsafe operation of ManPower units can be triggered by electrical signals, high or low pressure pilots or fire sensors, enabling the successful fulfilment of many ESD (Emergency Shutdown) and pressure related protection duties in the oil, gas, petrochemical and pipeline industries.
Rotork ManPower actuators are available with output torques up to 45,000 Nm, with explosionproof and watertight certification to international standards. A wide range of options includes local position indication, integral limit switches, speed control, high speed operation, local electrical controls, manual reset and corrosion resistant trims. Where space is restricted the ManPower hydraulic module can be located separately from the valve. Standard units are suitable for a temperature range from -23ºC to +60ºC and equipped with built-in temperature compensation.
Rotork Fluid Systems
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- TorkDrive: A torque limiting device which prevents valve damage
- Quickits Spring Into Action And Fill A Gap In The Market
- Why Is Compressed Air A Poor Choice? And Not Just For Valve Actuation…
- Albion Actuated Valves
- New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare
- Roto Hammer Chainwheels On the Rotork Valvekits Menu
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Utilising subsea expertise to take technology to the surface
- Adding Value to the Motor Operated Valve: Part 3
- Smart Valve Gearbox Delivers Swift Detection of Fugitive Emissions