Emerson Fisher® Receives Lloyd’s Approval
Complete range of Fisher valves and digital valve controllers is certified for offshore Oil & Gas applications
Emerson Process Management’s complete range of Fisher® valves and FIELDVUE™ digital valve controllers has received Lloyd’s Register’s Marine Type Approval for process control applications within the offshore Oil & Gas production industry. This Marine Type Approval ensures that Fisher products can be installed in critical duties on ships, mobile offshore units and floating structures moored at a fixed point such as drilling rigs or platforms.
Lloyd’s Register is an impartial certification service that provides third-party verification of a product’s conformance to specific standards or specifications and to the use of appropriate, quality manufacturing systems. According to Ken Kleemeier, Industry Business Development Manager at Emerson, there is growing international awareness of the importance of third-party certification such as Lloyd’s Register, particularly in the oil and gas industry.
“Offshore Oil & Gas operators are very focused on equipment safety and integrity,” Kleemeier stated. “This focus extends to material sourcing, procurement and manufacturing activities, with the objective being that all equipment utilised in offshore vessels and installations meets rigorous industry operating and safety standards.” Kleemeier went on to say, “Emerson is the first manufacturer to have a complete line of control valves and digital valve controllers Marine Type Approved by Lloyd’s Register.”
Control valves and related instruments are typically installed in areas affecting the safe operation of the ship and its topside processing units. These applications are referred to as “classed duties,” and the valves must be Type Approved for this service.
Prior to granting certification to the Fisher products, Lloyd’s Register personnel reviewed Fisher product designs to validate compliance with industry codes and standards. They also witnessed and reviewed documented product performance tests that confirmed the integrity and functional performance of the Fisher designs in production. In addition to product Type Approval, multiple Emerson Fisher manufacturing sites met inspection and test requirements for Lloyd’s manufacturing approval.
Emerson Process Management
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork Profibus actuators control the flow at Wessex Water’s
- Visibility For Switching Applications With New Neles Switchguard
- Flowserve Digital Positioner Introduces ValveSightTM DiagnosticsCapabilities to Intrinsically Safe Market
- New functionality and features for AUMA actuators
- Second Generation 007C Control Monitors from K Controls
- Emerson Extends The Fieldvue™ Digital Valve Controller Line
- Emerson Digital Valve Controller Helps Chinese Chemical Plant Save $40,000
- Emerson Introduces Digital Valve Controller for Safety Instrumented Systems: Intelligent automatic partial stroke valve testing provides improved safety and reliability.
- Schischek launches explosion-proof controller for decentralised HVAC control structures