Zoedale Thermal Jacket Programme
Component Protection Material up to 1,000°C
The jackets are of a highly professional standard of manufacture and their component insulating capability is second to none. They also provide personal protection from the high levels of heat beneath.
Thermal jackets have historically been used to provide excellent insulation for pipes, valves, flanges and other equipment in the industrial workplace, however, often actuated products, due to their awkward shape, are left without insulation leaving them vulnerable to fire, extreme elements and susceptible to energy loss.
So with Zoedale putting this technology to good use by providing bespoke protection for all Electric and Pneumatic Actuators, the effects of excessive temperatures on expensive and often delicate internal actuator mechanisms are safe from damage.
Recently controlled tests provided certified protection of critical fail safe electric actuation systems for over two hours in temperatures in excess of 400ºC. This potentially lifesaving protection provided by the Thermal Jackets, allowed functionality of key fire safety damper control systems, even after 150 minutes of exposure to enhanced temperatures - ideal for tunnel fire protection systems.
• All of Zoedale’s thermal jackets are especially manufactured to order so that they suit exact requirements.
• Removable thermal covers for even the most unusually shaped products can be bespoke manufactured.
• Thermal Jackets are manufactured using cutting edge twine (or stainless steel for higher temperature work).
• The fastening systems include Velcro, drawstrings, D-rings, straps or hook and wire and you can again choose which design will suit your needs.
• Our thermal jackets are easily removed for maintenance purposes and can be replaced as often as required.
Reducing company’s carbon footprint whilst helping the environment is more important than ever and Zoedale’s products are the ideal energy-saving solution. Fulfilling corporate responsibilities when it comes to energy - rely on Zoedale Plc for helpful advice and assistance. Reliable thermal jackets are difficult to find, bespoke tailoring of these jackets, even harder!
Tel: 01234 832832
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Why Is Compressed Air A Poor Choice? And Not Just For Valve Actuation…
- Albion Actuated Valves
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Utilising subsea expertise to take technology to the surface
- Adding Value to the Motor Operated Valve: Part 3
- Next Generation Subsea Rotary Actuator – Product Range Extended
- AV Actuators Launch New Product and Officially Launch in USA
- The Puzzle Solved
- Take The Stress Out Of Valve Spring Design & Sourcing
- F31K2– Valve Position Sensing with a Global View: Traditionally, limit switch boxes with mechanical, magnetic or inductive contacts are used to detect the position of the valve in valve actuators.