K Controls announce two new valve position monitors
K Controls announce two new valve position monitors for use in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries
The CE marked, IP67 enclosures are supplied in either coated aluminium or ANC 4B (316) stainless steel.Metric and NPT cable entries up to M25 and ¾" are available. The products have been designed to accommodate, as an option, the latest version of the top mounted highly visible Klearvision position indicator that can be used in IIC hazardous areas.
The 007-100 is a compact solution that can contain up to 2 switches or a 4-20mA position transmitter. The larger 007-120 can contain up to 4 switches and a 4-20mA position transmitter.
The 007-120 now carries cCSAus certification marking for use in Canada and the USA. (cCSAus certification of the 007-100 will follow during 2012).
Designed for use in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries both units can be fitted to a wide range of quarter turn or linear valve actuators. There is a very extensive range of monitoring equipment that can be fitted in this new range of Exd IIC Position Monitors.
Switch options include micro switches, hermetically sealed magnetically operated reed switches and standard or failsafe inductive proximity sensors. Potentiometers of various different values can be geared or directly driven. A solenoid back wiring facility can be provided so that switches and solenoid can be wired to the control room via a single multicore cable without the requirement for a separate junction box.
For continuous feedback of valve position or for monitoring the performance of critical emergency shutdown valves during partial stroke testing, 4- 20mA, 4-20mA + HART®, PROFIBUS® PA or FOUNDATION™ FIELDBUS position transmitters are available in K4-20 variants.
K Controls Ltd
Tel: 01895 449601
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Emerson Unveils New Smart Network Switch for the DeltaVTM Digital Automation System
- Control Valve Solutions appointed ADC for TopWorx
- K Controls IECEx certified Exi 007 : Switchboxes for valve position monitoring
- Why Is Compressed Air A Poor Choice? And Not Just For Valve Actuation…
- Albion Actuated Valves
- New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare
- Orseal Valves in Unique Offshore Project
- Orseal Valves at Filanovskogo – One of the Largest Crude Oil Finds in Decades
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Utilising subsea expertise to take technology to the surface