ARC Energy Weathers Recession Whilst Investing For Future
In addition, the company has achieved an impressive list of industry certifications following a recent successful audit by Lloyds Register for OHSAS 18001:2007 certification of a new occupational health and safety management system developed and implemented by the company.
Managing director Alan Robinson says that in a challenging business environment the company has continued to invest in equipment and people, allowing the company to develop.
“During the recession we’ve planned for the future” he says: “spending £500,000 on two new Rotating Head welding machines extending the size and scope of corrosion resistant coating contracts we can handle.”
The company is able to clad bores up to four metres diameter and areas of restricted access within bores as small as 20mm diameter. Typical weld overlay materials include Inconel 625 & 825, Monel, Hastalloy and stainless steels amongst others. Arc Energy also offers in-house test weld, heat treatment, PMI and NDT facilities.
Managing director Alan Robinson says achieving OHSAS 18001 required a cultural change within the business and a significant commitment from all personnel in terms of attitudes and values. In return he believes it will raise working efficiencies, performance and morale by creating a safer environment in which to work, with the added benefit of broadening future business opportunities within the oil & gas, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
The accreditation follows a placement in the top six of UK companies in the Manufacturing, Logistics and Transport category of the inaugural St John Ambulance First Aid in the Workplace Awards in November 2011.
Alan Robinson, one of very few UK registered European Welding Engineers, says few welding specialists can equal Arc Energy’s capability to support clients with highly qualified, experienced welding staff.
ARC Energy Resources Limited
Tel: 01453 823523
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- ARC Energy Helps Severn Glocon Win Development Order
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- Valbruna U.K. Ltd Joins the BVAA Membership: Acciaierie Valbruna is a private company with 2,500 employees and an annual output of 200,000 tonnes of speciality steels.
- ABB Introduces Measurement Care Service Agreements for Process Plants: ABB creates new cost-effective set of instrumentation and analyser maintenance service agreements for process plants
- EnerMech Acquires Electrical & Instrumentation Specialist in Largest Deal to Date
- Bonomi (UK) Ltd Aids Customer Design with 3D Drawing Solution
- Specialist Welding Company Extends its Capability with Hardfacing Options: The name, Arc Energy Resources, has been synonymous with the provision of a top class weld overlay cladding service for over 24 years
- Anti-Cavitation Valve Trim Helps Improve Plant Availability and Safety
- The best metal butterfly valve lining for demanding media?