Construction Products Directive (89/106/EEC)
Enquiry into national regulations for Construction Products
During its last plenary meeting in June 2011, CEN/TC 69 discussed whether industrial valves must be
considered as Construction Products. CEN/TC 69 launched an enquiry within CEN/TC 69 to determine which European countries have a national regulation (CPR) considering industrial valves (metallic and thermoplastic) as Construction Products.
Only Czech Republic answered having a National Regulation which, despite request from CEN/TC 69
secretariat, was not provided for review. Germany has a regulation which is not national, but regional.
Moreover there has been no request on the market for valves CE-marked under CPR.
At its June 2012 meeting therefore CEN/TC 69 decided to stop its work of drafting harmonized standards under CPR. If in the future there is a request on the market for valves CE-marked under CPR, then CEN/TC 69 will resume its work on valves for CPR.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 22
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition