Orseal Valves at Filanovskogo – One of the Largest Crude Oil Finds in Decades
The infrastructure at the Vladimir Filanovsky offshore field consists of a 15,200t ice-resistant fixed platform (IRFP-1); a living quarters module platform accommodating 125 people and including a helipad; a 21,000t central processing platform (CPP) to process and pipe the oil and gas ashore, and a risers block (RB) platform, all linked with connection bridges. Construction works include the laying of 330km of subsea pipeline and 350km of onshore pipeline.
For this major project, Orseal won a prestigious contract to supply a range of valves – from ˝˝ to 20˝, manual and pneumatic, actuated and motor operated. Orseal supplied valves in carbon steel to suit the specific temperature requirements of -30 degrees C. All valves needed to conform to the Russian GOST certification standard – with Orseal supplying all documentation and related drawings to ensure compliance. Orseal’s consultancy on this project included not only the specification and supply of appropriate valves, but also all associated logistical support and advice. They were onsite with the supplier for full inspection of all valves to avoid any discrepancies and non-conformance, and to save the client’s time. Orseal engineers assisted with logistics and delivery at the client’s site to reduce any delays, including packing for export to suit air freight and delivery to the overseas client fabricator.
For more information on this project, and to find out more about Orseal’s range and consultancy services, please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0)1204 474300
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 37
- Major Order for Fisher
- NEW COMPOSITE VALVE RANGE LAUNCHED BY TYCO FLOW CONTROL
- Dual-Plate Wafer Check Valves
- HSP + Maxseal = Success
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Bray Controls - Butterfly Valves and a whole lot more!
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Improve maintenance safety with Spirax Sarco’s new single unit for safe double isolation
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.