Emersonís Mobile App for Processing Plants Upgrades Access to Critical Data for Better Decision Support
New alert customisation and expanded OPC support in DeltaVô Mobile bring improved notification and third-party system monitoring
Custom notifications provide personnel across the organisation with fast access to essential information, including batch status, safety instrumented systems bypasses, key performance indicators, or any other process parameter they want to monitor. These notifications are customised to individuals, ensuring personnel such as process engineers and supervisors are notified on-demand of information relevant to their job, but do not create additional control system nuisance alarms or notifications that add unnecessary distractions for control room operators and other personnel.
DeltaV Mobile also enables teams to customise how they handle notification escalation and response. Notification escalation paths now include user-specific time delays, reminders, and limits for each stakeholder in the organisation. Users can claim ownership of notifications to clearly communicate to plant personnel who is investigating the problem and sparing others, particularly supervisory personnel, from the distraction of notifications for problems that are already being investigated.
New Open Platform Communication (OPC) browsing makes it easier to create watch lists and custom alerts from any OPC Classic data source including from historians such as the OSIsoft PI System, third-party control systems, and PLCs. In addition, a new bulk editing tool allows users to bulk-create lists (with or without notification preferences) in spreadsheet applications, making it easier to create personalised watch lists and alarm lists.
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 48
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review