ASCO Solenoid Valve with Ex Rated Connector Enables Installation and Maintenance without a ‘Hot Work Permit’
ASCO NUMATICS has introduced a unique series of ASCO explosion proof solenoid valves that feature an Ex-approved plug and socket connector system. The new HA connector system enables the installation, maintenance, repair and servicing of solenoid valves to be carried out within a hazardous area, without the need to isolate the equipment. Because there is no need to obtain a hot work permit, which can delay the start of work, a replacement device can be quickly installed keeping plant downtime to a minimum.
The HA connection system comprises a male socket which is integrated into the solenoid valve, and a female connector which is available as an option. Designed for safe and fast installation, the HA connector reduces the risk of operator errors and makes termination easier even under extreme conditions. No tools are required and the available termination methods include crimped or cage-type spring-tension terminals.
The plug and socket provides the highest degree of protection according to IP66/IP68 and is rated at up to 10 A. The connector can be used with voltages up to 250V AC or 60V DC, making the compact units suitable for a wide range of instrumentation applications.
Contact pins are specially engineered to provide a large number of contact points to ensure a secure and reliable electrical contact. An EEx de compartment around the connection pins ensures reliable explosion protection to meet Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22 requirements during connection or disconnection. The risk of a spurious exchange between AC and DC applications is avoided by using a special pin configuration and a coupling ring integrated into the plug body, which guarantee the mechanical integrity of the connection.
ASCO explosion proof solenoid valves with the HA connection system are suitable for a wide range of industrial applications where the requirements for ease of installation, reduction in down time and plug-and-play are essential.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 1
- HSP + Maxseal = Success
- Norgren’s 48xx Series
- New 11/2 inch Power Pulse Valve complements ASCO/ JOUCOMATIC NUMATICS Dust Collector System Range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces Series 342 Stainless Steel Filter Regulator to Complement Solenoid Valve Range
- Norgren - Unrivalled experience, superb technical solutions!: Norgren has an enviable reputation for excellent instrumentation solutions.
- ASCO Numatics extends Valve Range : Series 067 Rocker Isolation Valve range with higher pressure ratings and larger nominal diameter
- ASCO Numatics expands range of miniature solenoid valves
- Zoedale Expand Valve Range: Zoedale Plc is pleased to announce the expansion of the highly successful Magnatrol Solenoid Valve range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces ATEX Certified Valve Islands: ASCO Numatics introduces ATEX certified valve islands for mounting in fieldbus remote I/O cabinets. Unique features enable easier installation, commis
- ASCO Numatics Announces ATEX Approval for Valve Islands With G3 Electronics