ASCO Numatics expands range of miniature solenoid valves
ASCO Numatics announces a G¼" version of its popular 256/356 series of sub-miniature solenoid valves for demanding applications. The new valves feature easy installation and maintenance, with the operator being dismountable to facilitate cleaning and replacement. The standard FPM disc (Viton) is compatible with a wide range of chemicals and fully complies with Restriction of Use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulations. The G¼" versions joins the existing G1/8" range to provide a complete offering of harmonised valves with brass or stainless steel bodies.
The new G¼" series 256/356 features a built-in manual override on most orifice sizes and a stainless steel core tube which provides exceptional resistance to humidity and corrosive atmospheres. Featuring a service life of up to 20 million cycles, the valves are designed for installations that require fast (5-10ms) and frequent operation. Typical applications include shut-off, dosing, filling and actuator piloting in machines used on sanitary duties as well as in industrial laundries, food processes and on compressors.
Power consumption for the 256/356 range is just 3.5W for holding in AC, (a reduction of 30 per cent compared to equivalent ranges) and 5W for hot power in DC. Two types of coils (CM22 and C25A) cover the entire range. Mounting is quick and easy using the two M3 fixing holes under the valve body. The square core reduces friction, stops lime scale build-up and prevents the core malfunctioning when used with contaminated fluids. The built-in double bumper, top shock absorber reduces noise and prevents hammering of the core surface.
The range includes 2/2 Normally Closed (NC) with orifice diameters of 1.6, 2.4, 4 and 5mm, and 3/2 NC with 1.6 and 2.4mm orifices. Other versions (for solenoid pilot valves) include 3/2 NC in brass or stainless steel with a 1.6mm orifice and the choice of a straight or 90° elbow adapter. Options include operators for potentially explosive dust atmosphere Zone 22, operators for potentially explosive dust or gas atmosphere Zone 1/21 and valves for use in controlling oxygen.
ASCO Numatics Ltd. Tel: 01695 713600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- HSP + Maxseal = Success
- Norgren’s 48xx Series
- New 11/2 inch Power Pulse Valve complements ASCO/ JOUCOMATIC NUMATICS Dust Collector System Range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces Series 342 Stainless Steel Filter Regulator to Complement Solenoid Valve Range
- ASCO Solenoid Valve with Ex Rated Connector Enables Installation and Maintenance without a ‘Hot Work Permit’
- Norgren - Unrivalled experience, superb technical solutions!: Norgren has an enviable reputation for excellent instrumentation solutions.
- ASCO Numatics extends Valve Range : Series 067 Rocker Isolation Valve range with higher pressure ratings and larger nominal diameter
- Zoedale Expand Valve Range: Zoedale Plc is pleased to announce the expansion of the highly successful Magnatrol Solenoid Valve range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces ATEX Certified Valve Islands: ASCO Numatics introduces ATEX certified valve islands for mounting in fieldbus remote I/O cabinets. Unique features enable easier installation, commis
- ASCO Numatics Announces ATEX Approval for Valve Islands With G3 Electronics