Weathering the Storm
F31K2 – Valve position sensing with a global view
This sensor series was designed for uncompromising outdoor applications. The “house-in housing” design of the sensor provides double the mechanical protection and impermeability. The sensor and control electronics are integrated in a single module enclosed in a tough, translucent housing together with the terminal compartment. The materials used for the housing are resistant to high temperatures, UV and corrosion. Large cable diameters and rigid cables do not pose a problem thanks to the large terminal compartment and pluggable terminal block.
The F31K2 has been designed for the international market. The requirements of the different markets and applications are extremely diverse. Different housing materials (electrostatically conductive plastics, aluminum, stainless steel) and connection options (metric cable glands, threads measured in inches for conduit cable glands) are used as a result. The temperature range of -40 to 75°C and IP degrees of protection IP66/67/69K cover a wide variety of applications. The target group for this product includes customers from the chemical/petrochemical, oil and gas industries. Typical areas of use include outdoor applications with Ex-nA approval for zone 2/22. A 4-wire DC version is available as an electronic output stage.
The proven BT65A/BT115A actuator concept from Pepperl+Fuchs is also compatible with this sensor series and consists of two actuator sizes suitable for all shaft diameters up to 90 mm and shaft heights up to 50 mm. An additional puck system with “beacon” that can be adapted quickly and flexibly to the valve was developed to significantly enhance the visibility of the valve position from a distance.
The new F31K2 completes the Pepperl+Fuchs product program of “open solutions for valve position feedback on valve actuators“ with dual inductive sensors. The products in the range meet all the requirements of modern applications in process automation, from the compact F25 for small standard actuators to F31 sensors with or without a terminal compartment and flexible actuator system to the ultimate F31K2 outdoor sensor that offers maximum robustness, impermeability and an extended temperature range.
Tel: 0161 633 6431
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 23
- Proximity switch turns 50: The inductive proximity switch - indispensable for modern automation
- Pepperl+Fuchs New Literature for Valve Position Sensors
- Valve Position Detection in Modern Process Installations
- Pepperl & Fuchs Valve Position detection
- K Controls ATEX & IECEx Dual Certified Exi Switchbox
- T-T Flow: The Number One Choice
- Total Lifecycle Approach to HIPPS Provides Reliable Pressure Protection for Downstream Systems: HIPPS lifecycle management ensures optimal functionality in an emergency
- RFID Chips on Valves and Actuators?
- Plants based on the Lego principle: modular automation is the answer to volatile markets in process industries
- Striking the Perfect Balance