ABB extends high pressure range with 1000 & 600 bar transmitters
Designed to meet growing demand from the oil and gas industry and power markets, which frequently require pressure transmitters with higher working pressures, the high pressure transmitters are suitable for applications such as high pressure injection and other similar applications around the wellhead, such as high pressure gas compression systems.
The 266HSH is a high overload gauge pressure transmitter with an upper range limit of 1050 bar, and offers a base accuracy of 0.15% of calibrated span, outperforming other competing transmitters.
The 266MST is a differential pressure transmitter for flow and pressure applications with working pressures up to 600 bar.
Both transmitters offer a choice of signalling protocols, being available in 4 to 20mA HART, Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus versions. This makes the transmitters suitable for a wide range of applications, from oil and gas, which primarily use 4 to 20mA HART, to the water industry, which commonly employs Profibus.
Both transmitters are available with a wide range of hazardous area certifications and also have TUV IEC61508 SIL2 and SIL 3 certification for safety applications. The 266HSH pressure transmitter uses a solid metal diaphragm, requiring no gaskets or fill fluid.
Made from Inconel 718 (NACE), it offers excellent resistance against high acidity and alkalinity, chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking and attack by oxidising media and sulphur compounds. The inclusion of Molybdenum also allows the alloy to resist pitting. Initially developed for the aerospace industry, Inconel 718 is increasingly used in oil field applications due to its high strength and corrosion resistance.
The new high pressure transmitters can be configured using ABB’s new DHH805 hand terminal. Compatible with any HART enabled device, the DHH805 is certified for use in hazardous areas. Unlike other devices on the market, the DHH805 requires no additional licence to download device descriptions. With over 80 hours battery life for continuous use, the DHH805 provides a useful tool for gaining access to intelligent information from HART devices plant wide.
Tel: 0870 600 6122
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service: Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service Enables Short Lead Times on Rosemount® Pressure and Temperature Transmitters
- Self-powered standalone temperature transmitter from ABB opens up new installation possibilities
- Rotork Introduces Flexible Ultra-Fast Network Control for Valve Actuators
- Rotork Introduces a Revolutionary Wireless Valve Monitoring Concept: Complete valve adaption service provided by Rotork Valvekits.
- Total Lifecycle Approach to HIPPS Provides Reliable Pressure Protection for Downstream Systems: HIPPS lifecycle management ensures optimal functionality in an emergency
- RFID Chips on Valves and Actuators?
- Digital Position Control Transmitters: The SMART PST Method
- Striking the Perfect Balance
- Emerson expands asset management coverage for faster integration in projects and operations
- Modular automation from Festo makes bulk handling more efficient