Shipham launches new range of wafer check valves
Available in sizes from 3" – 12" / DN80 – DN300 and rated at 16 bar (230psi), the single plate Wafer Check Valve adds to Shipham Valves existing range of composite valves. The latest range is a compact, lightweight, fully non-metallic valve and comprises only two components - the body and the disc.
The materials used to manufacture Shipham’s composite valves are thermo-setting glass reinforced epoxy resins (GRE). These materials offer outstanding internal and external corrosion resistance, will not melt, creep or shrink and have significant weight savings over equivalent metallic valves.
“The single plate wafer check valves are an exciting development for us and is a testimony to the skills and expertise of everyone involved with our product development programme,” said Dave Bowen, Business Development Manager, Shipham Valves. “This latest development maintains Shipham Valves position at the forefront of anti-corrosive valve technology.”
This latest addition to the composite valve range further enhances Shipham Valves’ leadership in the manufacture of valves for corrosive applications and, following the acquisition by Wärtsilä Corporation in January 2012, the commitment to research and development has been further strengthened.
Tel: 01482 383313
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- Dual-Plate Wafer Check Valves
- Goodwin International:Non-Slam Nozzle Check Valves
- Flowserve Swing Check Valves
- Dewrance brings Steam Safety to Solar
- Tyco Flow Control Develops Custom- Designed Bled Steam Check Valves
- Tyco Valves & Controls Launch New Check Valve: Protect Key Components and Increase Efficiency with High-dynamic Check Valve
- Engineered Valve Solution from Aquaflow
- Aquaflow Non-Slam Check Valve Success
- CRANE Obtains 2 STAR Rating in Shell TAMAP Listing: CRANE Energy Flow Solutions® Obtains 2 STAR Rating in Shell TAMAP Listing for Duo-Chek® Check Valve
- Aquaflow Become Trusted Partner in the Prevention of Water Hammer