Reduce operating costs in high pressure applications
The Crosby HCI ISOFLEX® ensures cost-effective power plant operation even in the high pressure environments of today’s modern power plants. Its unique full nozzle, flanged design and adjustable lift option reduces maintenance costs to a minimum, while maximizing plant efficiency.
Specifically designed for 300 to 3000 psig steam generators, the HCI ISOFLEX® can withstand temperatures up to 1100°F/593°C and is available in various inlet sizes, ranging from 1½"/38.1mm up until 6"/15.24cm. An extensive range of interchangeable spare parts enables operators to repair or exchange components individually, avoiding costly replacements and minimizing shut-down times.
Depending on the valve size, the HCI ISOFLEX® offers a unique full nozzle, flanged design with a fully removable nozzle. Unlike the more conventional welded-nozzle designs, the full nozzle, flanged inlet facilitates the repair or replacement of the nozzle, making it one of the most cost-effective designs available. Both welded and flanged set-ups meet the requirements of the ASME Code Section I, and relieving capacities are certified by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
The HCI ISOFLEX® is available with an optional restricted lift feature to eliminate over-capacity and ensure a more economic distribution of relieving capacity between the drum and superheater safety valves. This design not only reduces reaction forces for a greater lifespan, but also allows for the use of smaller superheater safety valves in some operations, reducing the overall installation costs. Further benefits include precise blowdown control due to a two ring design and exceptional seat tightness up to 95% of valve set pressure.
‘In today’s demanding power generation environment, effective maintenance and long-life span of all components is essential in order to stay competitive’, comments Matt Buchanio, Global Product Manager at Pentair Valves & Controls. ‘Our innovative designs have been helping operators control costs for over 130 years and we now offer one of the widest portfolios of pressure management services for the entire power industry. The Crosby HCI ISOFLEX® safety valve was specifically designed for the most demanding high pressure environments and gives our customer the opportunity to maximize plant efficiency without affecting their profitability’.
Tel: 01858 467 281
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 25
- BEL Valves: ‘One Stop Shop’ suppliers take pain out of specifying and certifying HIPPS
- NELES - THE VALUE OF SAFETY VALVES
- Sizing safety valves for supercritical steam boilers
- Providing a Growing Industry...with a Comprehensive Solution
- Single Source HIPPS from BEL Valves and Hima-Sella
- Emerging trends in intelligent safety-valve control: By Juha Yli-Petäys, EHC Business Manager, Metso’s Automation business line
- 'Safety Valves': The prefix isn’t by accident, but these valves might just prevent one!
- Lock-up Your Doubters at -55°C
- Flowstar To Stock Medenus Gas Pressure Regulators & Filters
- Flowstar Add New Safety Valve To Niezgodka Range