Metso valves reduce emissions and improve safety at processing plants
Helsinki-2012 was a banner year at the Metso Flow Laboratory, where a corporate initiative to increase the numbers of valves certified to the most stringent environmental emissions standards continues. In 2012, numerous Neles® metal-seated and Jamesbury® soft-seated valve products were certified to meet the requirements of the global ISO15848-1 standard, complying with many standards mandated in specific regions, including TA-Luft (Germany) and EPA 40 CFR parts 60/63 (USA).
ISO15848-1 certified valves are regarded as fulfilling the most stringent emission standards, and meeting this qualification signifies compliance with many other emission standards. It is also a mandatory requirement of the majority of current projects in the oil and gas industries worldwide.
Metso’s control and on-off valve product series include ball, butterfly and eccentric rotary plug valves in pressure classes ASME #150-600. In 2012, representative products from these series were shown to meet ISO15848-1 requirements for:
• Highest temperature class (+400ºC with graphite packing) for metal seated valves and (+200ºC with PTFE packing) for soft seated valves
• Low leakage class (B)
• Class A (bellows seal tightness) of the Neles D1F series cryogenic valves with graphite packing
Metso valve products minimize fugitive emissions even at high operating temperatures, meeting demands of even the harshest hydrocarbon processing plant environments. By minimizing fugitive emissions, these products help improve health and safety for workers, allowing plants to meet regulatory standards, and reduce product losses. For further information, please contact:
Tel: +44 870 606 1478
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 25
- Score Group plc launch new MIDAS® Sensor for Through Valve Loss / Leak Detection and Measurement
- Fugitive Emissions Test ISO 15848-1
- Is it safe to breathe?
- How much do your leaks cost?
- Crane ChemPharma & Energy Highlight Fugitive Emissions Focused Solutions
- Solving the Threefold Challenge of Fugitive Emissions in Chemical Processing with Valves
- Commissioning underway for LNG safety system: HIPPS from Severn Glocon Technologies deployed on Floating Storage and Regasification Unit
- Saint-Gobain Seals Designs and Manufactures Extraordinary Cryogenic Seal for NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Project: Supporting Efforts to Propel Human Beings Deeper into Space
- Alco Valves Group: New Production and Technology Centre
- Rotork Electronic Line Break (ELB) Combines Pipeline Pressure Monitoring with Intelligent Valve Control