Operating Panel Allows Safe and Efficient Control of Actuated Valves
The panel works as a communication and proofing system to improve efficiency and safety. A typical application often includes two interlocked key units to isolate power to the panel and ensure a specific sequence of operation.
Using the panel, the operator can select to close the valves. Red LED lights prove that the valves have reached their fully closed position. When all valves are closed, the operator can isolate the panel by removing the ‘A’ Key. The ‘A’ key is entered into the solenoid key unit and only when the SAS (safety and automation system) confirms all valves are closed, a permissive signal is sent to energise the solenoid and release the ‘B’ key. This allows the operator to safely continue the mechanical interlocking sequence, for example, to manually unlock a pig trap door to load or unload a pig. The panel has been designed with the operator and environment in mind, making it easy to use and robust. It is made to support applications in the most aggressive environments, suitable for temperatures ranging between -40 to +55 degrees Celsius (-40 to +131 degrees Fahrenheit) with an anti-reflective coating that eliminates glare.
The panel is designed to meet strict safety guidelines and regulatory body requirements. It is made using 316 Stainless Steel and conforms to Zone 1 Ex de classification and protection class IP66. It also boasts a compact design and can be used in weight restricted and space-limited areas.
Smith Flow Control
Tel: +44 (0)1376 517901
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 26
- Midland-ACS Partnership develops leading wellhead control technology: Gyda field re-development focuses on ease of maintenance and space saving
- EPSG Ethernet POWERLINK Conference visits the UK
- ISE selects ASCO Numatics
- Flowserve Limitorque Master Station III Improves Actuator Control and Communications
- Neste Oil chooses Metso’s automation and valve technology
- Innovative Operating Panel Allows Safe and Efficient Control of Actuated Valves
- T-T Flow: The Number One Choice
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Delivers Innovative Shuttle Valve Solution
- Enhancing Offshore Safety Through Valve Technology
- Total Lifecycle Approach to HIPPS Provides Reliable Pressure Protection for Downstream Systems: HIPPS lifecycle management ensures optimal functionality in an emergency