ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that sets out how you can go about putting in place an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) including the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption. The standard is designed to address the delicate balance between maintaining profitability and reducing environmental impact; with the commitment of the entire organisation, it can enable you to achieve both objectives.
For several years many of the leading manufacturing companies have themselves worked towards achieving this recognised environmental standard and they are now increasingly demanding that each of the links in their supply chain also meet the ISO 14001 standard. Transmark Fcx were quick to realise the benefits that undergoing the process to achieve ISO 14001 would deliver to their organisation, their customers and the environment and they are now one of the few companies in their field to hold the accreditation.
Neil Wagstaff, Group Chief Executive of Transmark Fcx said: "We are very proud of this latest accreditation and it clearly demonstrates our commitment to working with the local community and protecting the environment. This, combined with the potential for cost savings resulting from better waste and energy management, makes a compelling commercial case for the implementation of ISO 14001 and whilst we have environmental management systems in place at all our locations, this is the first site to gain this prestigious accreditation."
Neil Wagstaff, Transmark Fcx Group Chief Executive presenting ISO 14001 certificate to Chris Selley, QA Manager and Cuan Duffy, International Trainee.
The key benefits of achieving ISO 14001:
Demonstrate high environmental standards
Demonstrate compliance with legislation
Reduce costs associated with waste
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 6
- AEON CHOOSES THE KITEMARK® TO ENHANCE ITS VALVES
- Musings of an ATEX Auditor - By Roger Stillman, arcSIL Consulting
- Certification for Russia - Meeting the standards SGS UK Can Help
- ISO 14000 & FDA APPROVALS FOR HARDIDE
- Fugitive Emissions – 2011 Market Activity: By Barrie Kirkman, BSc CEng MIMech, BVAA member Executive Consultant to the Offshore, Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- MetalTek Energy Products Earns Nuclear Accreditations
- A quality philosophy at Kent Introl
- Two month ISO14001 record for CVS
- ABB underlines safety credentials with new oil and gas accreditation
- Induchem UK Celebrates F4N Status