New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare
International valve service supplier Denholm Valvecare continues to fight against falling energy prices and a tough trading climate, with high hopes for 2016.
The Aberdeen-based firm, which also has operations in Great Yarmouth, Lincoln, and Azerbaijan are well positioned to capitalise on growth with plans for diversification whilst their core business remains in Oil & Gas. Whilst the company has grown steadily during its eight years in operation, the last year had been challenging as it adjusted to a lower oil price and customers reducing their non-essential expenditure.
In the face of lower energy prices driving down the number of available contracts, increased competition, significant operational complexity and shortages of talent in key markets, Managing Director Roy Wood said: “Despite the current market conditions, we have developed an agile strategy to achieve growth and remain well positioned as a fundamentally sound business. Although we continue to have to adapt like many other businesses, we pride ourselves on an international growth strategy that is coherent, in line with market trends, continually monitored and implementable within our available resources.”
Denholm Valvecare also believes this could be an opportunity, as they are able to offer more innovative turnkey solutions to customers than alternative suppliers.
Mr Wood added: “We believe that innovation is key and our team are fully aligned to our growth strategy for the next five years. Our relationships with current and prospective customers, and what we can offer them, remains at the forefront of all that we do. We plan to enhance our operations for local client support while increasing our international footprint.”
As a result of this, Denholm Valvecare has been successful in securing a 5 year contract from the Caspian Sea Region covering over 100,000 valves and will be run via a joint venture between Glensol (Nobleoil) and Denholm Valvecare. A new company has been formed under the name of GVL LCC.
The scope of services under this contract is for the provision of all personnel, materials, equipment, plant, management, engineering and supervision necessary to perform valve management services. This will all be performed from our new Caspian operation.
Tel: 01400 273 370
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 36
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork pipeline valve actuators in Kurdistan economic improvement project
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.