Emerson Delivers an Intuitive, Rugged Device
AMS Trex™ Device Communicator is built to last through harsh environments, hard falls, and long shifts
“With the Trex communicator, technicians can work more effectively in the field – with fewer tools to manage – anywhere in the plant they need to go,” said Duncan Schleiss, vice president, reliability solutions marketing, Emerson Automation Solutions.
Protected against moisture and extreme temperatures, the Trex communicator boasts a rugged design that can withstand the bumps and drops that come from normal use in the plant.
The large, full-colour touchscreen display adjusts to lighting conditions and aids troubleshooting in areas where too much or too little light makes other devices difficult to read.
With intrinsic safety certifications, the Trex communicator is certified to go anywhere a technician can go, with no need to shut a process down or get a hot work permit. Long-life batteries ensure that the communicator keeps working even through long days.
Using the Trex communicator’s built-in Foundation Fieldbus and HART® device diagnostic software, technicians can isolate and repair problems while the devices continue to run. Simple issues can be addressed on the spot, avoiding unnecessary interruption to production. Segment and loop diagnostic tools allow users to validate loop and fieldbus segment characteristics for easy troubleshooting. With the ValveLink Mobile app, technicians can analyse valve diagnostics results easily on the communicator’s larger screen.
Tel: +44(0)161 406 5241
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 39
- Major Order for Fisher
- Flowserve Launches ValveSight
- No application too severe for KKI by David Lamb, Sales Director
- Emerson Unveils New 3-way Valve to Improve Temperature Control
- Flowserve Worcester Coated Valves Excel In Fishing Application
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- ‘Jobsworths’ are Putting Lives at Risk
- Flowserve Expands Valtek ShearStream Family
- KKI to tap into velocity control market in 2008
- Metso’s revolutionary new control valve