PROPOSAL TO ESTABLISH A TECHNICAL EXPERT GROUP TO SPECIFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF A UK QUALIFICATION SCHEME FOR SERVICE/REPAIR CENTRES OF SAFETY AND RELIEF VALVES MANUFACTURED TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF ISO 4126
What is it?:
The TEG is a group of experts having a background of Safety Valve manufacturing, service and repair. It will meet to initially discuss the issues currently being faced by manufacturers and end users of achieving a regulated system of safety valve service, maintenance testing and repair. If there is support for the idea, and subject to BVAA Board approval, the TEG will develop the requirements of a UK qualification scheme for Service/Repair Centres of Safety and Relief valves.
Why is it important?:
Safety and Relief valves need regular service and testing to ensure they are capable of performing when required to do so. In the USA the National Board offers the Certificate of Authorization and VR Stamp for the repair of pressure relief valves. Requirements are described in NB-514, accreditation of VR Repair Organizations.
Within the non-ASME community there is uncertainty as to what would define;
1. Competency for an approved 3rd party to repair and service safety and relief valves.
2. The capability of an approved 3rd party to assemble and test valves in compliance with ISO 4126.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 39
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Fugitive Emissions Standards: Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Systematic Review of Standards in 2012: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- BS EN 12266-1:2012
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”