Rotork’s RHS Solves Valve Access Issue At Water Treatment Plant
In the gravity filter plant, 18 butterfly valves are situated in an area beneath a walkway which made it difficult to access and operate the old actuators. With the new Rotork actuators, the installation of Remote Hand Stations (RHS) has now eliminated this problem.
Providing an exact duplicate of the actuator switches, display window and control interface, the RHS are mounted on the walkway to enable the user to conveniently and safely operate, interrogate and configure the actuators below.
Power for each RHS is supplied by the actuator, with which the unit shares all the benefits of the same O-ring sealed IP68 double-sealed environmental enclosure. Standard comms wiring suitable for the operating environment is all that is required between the actuator and the RHS, which can be installed at a distance of up to 100 metres (328 ft) from the valve.
Unlike alternative options offering only basic operation and indication, the RHS retains all of the actuator’s functionality, presenting an identical window into the process, showing diagnostic data including the valve torque and usage profiles.
Using the Rotork hand-held setting tool with its secure wireless Bluetooth® link, this information can be downloaded and transferred to a PC for analysis using Rotork Insight2 diagnostic software to fulfil asset management requirements.
Tel: 013 256 7922
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 43
- NEW COMPOSITE VALVE RANGE LAUNCHED BY TYCO FLOW CONTROL
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Bray Controls - Butterfly Valves and a whole lot more!
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Xomox® XLD Lined Butterfly Valves
- Six figure contract for Weir Valves & Controls UK Ltd.
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve