F31K2– Valve Position Sensing with a Global View
Traditionally, limit switch boxes with mechanical, magnetic or inductive contacts are used to detect the position of the valve in valve actuators.
This sensor series was designed for uncompromising outdoor applications. The “house-in housing” design of the sensor provides double the mechanical protection and impermeability. The sensor and control electronics are integrated in a single module enclosed in a tough, translucent housing together with the terminal compartment. The materials used for the housing are resistant to high temperatures, UV and corrosion. Large cable diameters and rigid cables do not pose a problem thanks to the large terminal compartment and pluggable terminal block.
The F31K2 has been designed for the international market. The requirements of the different markets and applications are extremely diverse. Different housing materials (electrostatically conductive plastics, aluminum, stainless steel) and connection options (metric cable glands, threads measured in inches for conduit cable glands) are used as a result. The temperature range of -40 to 75°C and IP degrees of protection IP66/67/69K cover a wide variety of applications. The target group for this product includes customers from the chemical/petrochemical, oil and gas industries.
Typical areas of use include outdoor applications with Ex-nA approval for zone 2/22. A 4-wire DC version is available as an electronic output stage. The proven BT65A/BT115A actuator concept from Pepperl+Fuchs is also compatible with this sensor series and consists of two actuator sizes suitable for all shaft diameters up to 90 mm and shaft heights up to 50 mm. An additional puck system with “beacon” that can be adapted quickly and flexibly to the valve was developed to significantly enhance the visibility of the valve position from a distance.
Summary The new F31K2 completes the Pepperl+Fuchs product program of “open solutions for valve position feedback on valve actuators” with dual inductive sensors. The products in the range meet all the requirements of modern applications in process automation, from the compact F25 for small standard actuators to F31 sensors with or without a terminal compartment and flexible actuator system to the ultimate F31K2 outdoor sensor that offers maximum robustness, impermeability and an extended temperature range.
Tel: 0161 633 6431
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 43
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork pipeline valve actuators in Kurdistan economic improvement project
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Emerson Unveils New Smart Network Switch for the DeltaVTM Digital Automation System