‘Supply chain agility crucial to capitalise on recovering market’ claims Actuated Solutions
Actuated Solutions Ltd emplore the Oil & Gas sector to embrace agile supply chain practices
In February, a month after Brent crude surpassed the $71 marker for the first time in three years, specialist provider of value automation products, Actuated Solutions, is calling on the oil and gas sector to embrace agile supply chain practices to capitalise on the anticipated demand the recovering market is likely to yield. Keen to keep their finger on the pulse of market fluctuations and support customers, ASL has been working in partnership with European supplier Quifer to increase stock holding of castings and springs for heavy duty Scotch Yoke actuators.
With Quifer already on the approved vendor list for many oil and gas corporations and, thanks to agile operations and intelligent forecasting, ASL is able to reduce lead times for heavy duty Scotch Yoke products by up to 75 per cent, compared to other brands on the market.
Commenting on the predicted upturn in the market and ASL’s commitment to providing the right part, at the right time, and at the right price, ASL’s Director, Chris Hickey said: “The rising cost of oil represents good news for the sector but also a potential risk if businesses aren’t prepared to fulfil the enhanced demand due to a lack of flexibility within the supply chain. Because of the restrictive specifications imposed within this sector, some of the larger, specified brands have become complacent: lacking the ability and sometimes the desire to respond to customer needs quickly.
“We’re proud to offer the market a solution and, through close partnership working, a swift and responsive supply chain to support customers in the delivery of their vital projects. We’re also continuing to add value to customers by using our extensive technical knowledge to help specify valve and actuator packages that meet unique needs.”
ASL provides the oil and gas market with a wide range of products, designed to actuate larger valves used in critical applications, that can operate effectively in very harsh environments. In addition, ASL’s products come with ATEX approval, European supply accreditation and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) equivalent to any other product on the market.
To find out more about Actuated Solutions, please visit: http://www.actuated-solutions.co.uk/
Tel: 01243 827 469
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork pipeline valve actuators in Kurdistan economic improvement project
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Emerson Unveils New Smart Network Switch for the DeltaVTM Digital Automation System