Major pipeline contract for Rotork heavy duty electro-hydraulic valve actuators
The rugged scotch-yoke actuators, built at the Rotork Fluid Systems PCI factory in Melle, Germany, are equipped with customised control units providing special stroke times and safety functions for crude oil pipeline duties. The modular design of Rotork’s self contained electrohydraulic control package lends itself to customisation, offering higher performance and lower cost of ownership than alternative solutions. Common functions such as local/remote control selection and open/close operation are provided as standard, whilst optional features such as automatic line break,high or low pressure closing and differential pressure systems are easily integrated.
Rotork Fluid Systems PCI has extensive experience of providing control systems to meet operational and safety needs, including double-acting and spring-return options for on/off, ESD (Emergency Shut Down) and modulating duties. Actuator operating pressures of up to 350 bar with torque outputs up to 350,000 Nm are suitable for virtually all sizes and classes of pipeline valves. The robust construction is designed for severe environments and ambient temperatures down to minus 60°C. Explosion proof classification is approved for ATEX Zones 1 and 2 or alternative international standards.
Rotork’s electric actuator division has also supplied several hundred IQ and IQT valve actuators on the BTC oil pipeline in an associated contract.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 2
- Rotork pipeline actuators facilitate solar powered solution for remote valve control
- Midland-ACS develops remote actuated valves to withstand the extreme environments of new BTC pipeline
- Midland-ACS products gain GOST approval
- Comid Announces Link Up with BLAC Inc.
- Solar powered actuators for slurry pipeline in the Chilean desert
- Rotork’s Sub-sea actuator is largest so far for Lucca
- Rotork’s Fast track performance
- Paladon Saves Power and Improves Reliability
- Rotork pipeline actuators in project to provide improved energy for Brazil
- Emerson Solutions for Underground Gas