Midland-ACS develops remote actuated valves to withstand the extreme environments of new BTC pipeline
company has been manufacturing remote actuated valves for oil and gas applications for over 20 years, but the -290C to +400C operating temperature range along the BTC pipeline required mechanical construction predominantly of 316 stainless steel and full Zone 1(Eexd) compliancy. Hydrocarbon reserves in the Caspian Region have attracted massive international interest from gas and oil companies resulting in joint ventures being established to explore the reserves. With the potential there for raising output the new BTC crude pipeline has been constructed by BP for the Turkish government owned company Botas. Based on prior experience, a reputation for quality and a global technical support network Midland-ACS were chosen by Botas to design, engineer, manufacture and commission actuated valves for the pipelineís Ceyhan Marine Terminal in addition to four of itís pumping stations along the route. Midland-ACS has now developed and supplied twenty Self-Contained Electro-hydraulic pipeline actuators controlling valves ranging in size from 8" to 32". In order for the actuators to withstand the harsh and extreme conditions they would be subject to, and also to ensure longevity, specialist sealing technology and in-house manufactured 316 stainless steel hydraulic cylinders, pipework and pilot valves were used. The actuator assembly also includes a hydraulic reserve tank used for pressure, flow control and re-injection, providing accurate positional, modulating, and fail-safe control of the larger main valve. Weather protection is provided for the electrical connections by using Eexd rated cables, glands and termination.
Tel: 01902 384604
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 2
- Rotork pipeline actuators facilitate solar powered solution for remote valve control
- Major pipeline contract for Rotork heavy duty electro-hydraulic valve actuators
- Midland-ACS products gain GOST approval
- Comid Announces Link Up with BLAC Inc.
- Solar powered actuators for slurry pipeline in the Chilean desert
- Rotorkís Sub-sea actuator is largest so far for Lucca
- Rotorkís Fast track performance
- Paladon Saves Power and Improves Reliability
- Rotork pipeline actuators in project to provide improved energy for Brazil
- Emerson Solutions for Underground Gas