Emerson expands asset management coverage for faster integration in projects and operations
AMS Device Manager is used by thousands of facilities across the globe to streamline installation of field devices during capital projects, increase safety system uptime, and quickly and safely test devices from the control room.
By eliminating multiplexers, organisations can more easily use AMS Device Manager to configure, calibrate, validate, and document more of their HART-enabled field devices and systems.
Connecting field devices to asset management systems typically requires the use of multiplexers that significantly increase hardware costs and engineering hours during the project phase.
According to FieldComm Group™, more than 40 million field devices use HART, a protocol designed to allow intelligent devices to communicate with host systems.
HART-IP - now native on AMS Device Manager - allows asset management systems to bypass complex and expensive multiplexers and directly access measurement and diagnostics information from HART-enabled field devices using existing plant Ethernet networking infrastructure.
The current interface has been tested for connectivity to Schneider Electric Triconex® Tricon CX safety systems, HIMA HIMax safety systems, and Phoenix Contact multiplexers. Emerson will continue to test and add new systems to the list of those officially supported by the interface.
“Asset management systems help integrate data between field devices and systems, making them useful for other on-prem or off-prem IIoT software and analytics. With better plant data integration, organisations can take an early, significant step to enable digital transformation,” said Mani Janardhanan, vice president of product management for Emerson’s Plantweb and reliability solutions.
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 51
- Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service: Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service Enables Short Lead Times on Rosemount® Pressure and Temperature Transmitters
- Emerson’s Smart Wireless Solution Reliably Monitors Critical Fuel and Feedstock Delivery at BP Bitumen
- Proximity switch turns 50: The inductive proximity switch - indispensable for modern automation
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Emerson First to Offer WirelessHART- Automation Products
- Smart Wireless Communication
- Pepperl+Fuchs New Literature for Valve Position Sensors
- Valve Position Detection in Modern Process Installations
- Midland-ACS Partnership develops leading wellhead control technology: Gyda field re-development focuses on ease of maintenance and space saving
- Emerson’s New WirelessHART™ Fisher® position monitor