The QK Group - Time for a catch up
Rob Smith had already risen to Operations Director at Rotork VK, whereupon he decided he should set up his own business – a move that meant he could concentrate on the quality and service he felt customers deserved.
Since then Rob can look back, not only on an impressive 30% year on year growth rate, but on highlights such as moving to the current premises in 2008 - providing the room needed to handle a planned expansion - adding half a dozen companies to the group and housing the overspill of staff into four more adjoining factory and office spaces.
In 2014 Rob bought out his original partner and forged an ambitious new strategy to bring as much as possible under one roof.
QK Group have since added the latest optimum quality Laser Cutting and Forming machinery, designed QK’s own highly successful Spring Return Handle and grown a substantial off the shelf product portfolio.
Most recently the company has completed the build and commissioning of a new factory on the same site; offering Powder Coating of any component QK manufacture and offering a professional finishing service to other manufacturers.
Half of Rob’s three decades in Engineering will have been spent building The Quickits Group – as Quickits Ltd (QK), reaches it’s fifteenth anniversary in January 2020 - and even after all that, QK Manufacture to your specification using 3D Solid Works design software – so you can see a full view of all components before manufacturing begins.
An ISO 9001:2015 approved supplier - QK offer state of the art CNC 4 axis machining with 3 dimensional computerised measuring, in house certified welding, Laser cutting and forming - all now complemented by that brand new Powder Coating facility – giving high quality durable protection to any component, in virtually any colour preferred - all on the same site!
QK Supply off the shelf products, via a standard product range catalogue, or new online store - all items held in stock and available on 24 / 48 hour delivery.
Rob and the team at QK have been busy doing more, making more, innovating more and carrying more – so you can do more – more quickly.
Tel: 01623 515 545
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 51
- BEL Valves appoints new Sales & Marketing Director
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves expand into Australian Oil & Gas market
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves appoints a new Area Sales Manager for Scotland (Aberdeen)
- APPOINTMENTS: Surface engineering technology company, Hardide Coatings Limited, has appointed Nick King as business development manager for UK and Europe.
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- Weir Valves & Controls UKExpands sales and marketing team