Webtec launches new app which calculates hydraulic oil viscosity at different operating pressures
Hydraulic fluid suppliers provide oils with different viscosities.
These oils are most-often badged in terms of their ISO number or grade, where common grades for hydraulic circuits include ISO 32, 46 and 68.
Using Webtec’s app, engineers simply select the oil being used, along with the system temperature (°C) and pressure (bar), hit the ‘submit’ button and up pops the viscosity (cSt).
To see the effects on viscosity of fluctuations in temperature or pressure, the user simply alters the values in these fields accordingly, making hydraulic measurement and control easy to achieve.
This free-of-charge Webtec app is the companies’ ‘light’ version. More detailed results, including graphs (some in 3D), can be accessed by logging in (existing users) or registering (new users).
Registration takes just seconds and only requires name, company and email address.
Importantly, the graphs can be saved for use in the users own reports. The new web app for hydraulic oil viscosity calculation can be found at https://en.webtec.com/Calculator.aspx
Tel: 01480 397 400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 51
- BEL Valves appoints new Sales & Marketing Director
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves expand into Australian Oil & Gas market
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves appoints a new Area Sales Manager for Scotland (Aberdeen)
- APPOINTMENTS: Surface engineering technology company, Hardide Coatings Limited, has appointed Nick King as business development manager for UK and Europe.
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- Weir Valves & Controls UKExpands sales and marketing team