Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service
Emerson’s ‘QUICK SHIP’ Service Enables Short Lead Times on Rosemount® Pressure and Temperature Transmitters
Emerson Process Management has announced the introduction of the ‘QUICK SHIP’ service for a range of standard Rosemount® pressure and temperature transmitters. The ‘QUICK SHIP’ programme has been developed to meet urgent requirements when standard deliveries could result in unacceptable delays and lost production. The new service will initially be available to customers in the UK, France and Germany, and then extended to cover other European countries.
‘QUICK SHIP’ enables a range of Rosemount transmitters and sensors to be assembled, calibrated and tested ready for despatch from Emerson’s manufacturing facilities in Germany, within two working days of receipt of an order. Despatch from the factories in Wessling (for pressure transmitters) and Karlstein (for temperature transmitters) to customers is through an extensive logistics network which provides many options for speedy shipment. Alternatively, customers can arrange for collection from either plant if required.
"The products that are available within this programme will meet many of our customers needs for urgent replacements," said Richard Heinkel, general manager for European pressure and temperature manufacture, Rosemount division of Emerson Process Management. "This means that rather than having to wait 7 to 10 working days for a replacement product, a new transmitter can be on site in two or three days, minimising plant downtime and lost revenue."
Emerson has made a significant investment in the resources and infrastructure at both plants and has introduced streamlined procedures in line with the latest lean manufacturing techniques. The ‘lean’ procedures also extend out to the sales offices. The new procedures and dedicated production lines will enable ‘QUICK SHIP’ orders to be fulfilled within the promised timescale.
The range of products available on ‘QUICK SHIP’ includes all standard Rosemount pressure and temperature transmitters, manifolds and temperature sensors. When an order for these products is placed with the local sales office, customers will be offered the ‘QUICK SHIP’ option for any urgent requirements. ‘QUICK SHIP’ orders will follow a different route through order processing and on to the manufacturing plant in order to meet the two day delivery time.
For full details of products available through the ‘QUICK SHIP’ programme, please contact your local sales office.
Telephone: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 10
- ABB extends high pressure range with 1000 & 600 bar transmitters
- Self-powered standalone temperature transmitter from ABB opens up new installation possibilities
- Rotork Introduces Flexible Ultra-Fast Network Control for Valve Actuators
- Rotork Introduces a Revolutionary Wireless Valve Monitoring Concept: Complete valve adaption service provided by Rotork Valvekits.
- Total Lifecycle Approach to HIPPS Provides Reliable Pressure Protection for Downstream Systems: HIPPS lifecycle management ensures optimal functionality in an emergency
- RFID Chips on Valves and Actuators?
- Digital Position Control Transmitters: The SMART PST Method
- Striking the Perfect Balance
- Emerson expands asset management coverage for faster integration in projects and operations
- Modular automation from Festo makes bulk handling more efficient