Offshore Vietnam actuation contract includes High Integrity Pressure Protection System
Rotork is supplying forty-four GP and CP range pneumatic actuators for the on/off control of ball valves in sizes ranging from 2 inch to 24 inch. Included in the contract is a GP-200C-685A/C1 actuator to operate an 18 inch, ANSI Class 1500 ball valve on a High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS).
The WHP-B platform will be a normally unmanned installation and the safety-related function of the HIPPS will be to provide a failsafe back-up system to ensure the containment of hydrocarbons in the event of pipeline or vessel overpressure. The HIPPS will protect the production manifold, pig launcher, pipeline and manifold from overpressure from the STDNE wells. The first level of protection is the Platform Instrumented System, but if this is unavailable, the HIPPS is designed as an independent second level of protection that will detect an overpressure scenario and ensure that the STDNE production wells are isolated.
Situated in Vietnamís Cuu Long Basin, the Su Tu Den Northeast Field Development project will extend existing offshore oil facilities in the area and deliver an additional 30,000 barrels per day when production starts in 2010.
Rotork Fluid Systems
Tel: 0113 205 7223
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 12
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden
- Emerson Process Management - Valve Automation 1 Force Driving All Valves...Everywhere!
- Tomoe Japan Secures Saudi Electric Company Shuaibah Contract in Partnership with Rotork
- Actuated Solutions Ltd: A company profile
- Asian gas plant contract continues Rotorkís success with Gasco
- New Flowserve Heavy-Duty Actuator Extends Cycle Life and Reduces Maintenance
- A company profile by Actuated Solutions Ltd
- Flowserve launches Heavy Duty Actuator