Flowserve Digital Positioner Introduces ValveSightTM DiagnosticsCapabilities to Intrinsically Safe Market
“The Flowserve Logix 520MD allows customers in the intrinsically safe market to take advantage of the control and insight that ValveSight delivers,” said Lakshmanan Varadharajen, director of marketing for control valves at Flowserve. “ValveSight helps customers save time and money, significantly reducing unexpected downtime by predicting potential failure modes and prioritizing maintenance recommendations before process performance degrades.”
Using industry standard HART protocol and FDT/DTM technology, the Logix 520MD is compatible with existing major host systems and integrates with major asset management systems. With ValveSight Software, the Logix 520MD allows operators and maintenance personnel to remotely monitor and diagnose the associated valve, actuator and positioner from any Windows-based PC connected to the existing plant control network or directly to the positioner without proprietary software or communications protocols.
The Logix 520MD series uses the same proven technology of the Logix 3200MD digital positioner and is built with an intrinsically safe housing. The Logix520MD uses the same housing and air relay as the Logix505, Logix510 and Logix520si models, ensuring compatibility with existing optional accessories.
For more information about the Logix 520MD digital positioner, please call a Flowserve sales representative at 01444 314400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 12
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork Profibus actuators control the flow at Wessex Water’s
- Visibility For Switching Applications With New Neles Switchguard
- Emerson Fisher® Receives Lloyd’s Approval
- New functionality and features for AUMA actuators
- Second Generation 007C Control Monitors from K Controls
- Emerson Extends The Fieldvue™ Digital Valve Controller Line
- Emerson Digital Valve Controller Helps Chinese Chemical Plant Save $40,000
- Emerson Introduces Digital Valve Controller for Safety Instrumented Systems: Intelligent automatic partial stroke valve testing provides improved safety and reliability.
- Schischek launches explosion-proof controller for decentralised HVAC control structures