Rotork fluid power actuators in project to provide energy independence for Chile
Rotork Fluid Systems has received orders for heavy duty, scotch-yoke pneumatic, gas-over-oil and high pressure gas actuators which have been supplied to valvemakers in France, Italy and Spain for the project. The majority of the eighty-seven CP and GP range pneumatic actuators supplied are operating cryogenic service ball and butterfly valves at the Quintero Bay marine terminal and the adjacent storage and regassification plant.
The GO range gas-over-oil and HPG range high pressure gas actuators have been supplied for a new 28 kilometre pipeline which links the Quintero LNG complex to the Electrogas terminal at Quillota for integration with the existing gas network and fuelling combined cycle power plants operated by Endesa Chile. The GO unit is installed on a Class 600 24inch ball valve at the City Gate in the Quintero LNG terminal, whilst the HPGs are installed on Class 600 8inch and Class 300 12inch ball valves at the Electrogas Plant Gate in Quillota.
Designed for safety and shutdown duties, GO and HPG actuators use the pipeline gas as the motive power source. Valve operating speed is adjustable in both directions and manual hydraulic override is provided as standard. All the Rotork actuators supplied are certified to ATEX 94/9/EC and IP66M/67M in accordance with PED 97/37/EC.
The sales and engineering participation of Rotork’s local representative in Chile, Ineco, S.p.A, has been a key factor in the company’s success with this important project. Rotork’s activity was co-ordinated at Rotork’s USA head office in Rochester and involved Rotork offices in France, Italy, Spain and the UK, where the engineering, procurement and construction contractor CB & I is headquartered.
The Quintero Bay terminal will have an annual supply capacity of 2.5 million tons of LNG. The $1.2 billion project is owned by GNL Quintero SA, a joint venture between electricity generator EndesaChile (20%), the state oil company ENAP (20%), gas distributor Metrogas (20%) and the British Gas Group plc (40%).
Rotork Fluid Systems, Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 14
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork pipeline valve actuators in Kurdistan economic improvement project
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Shafer Reliability ‘Proven’