Truflo Marine builds on relationship with Greece
Elefsis Shipbuilding and Industrial Enterprises SA based in Elefsis Greece have confirmed that Truflo Marine Limited is to supply the valves for ships 6 & 7 of the Roussen (Super Vita) Class Fast Attack Missile Craft.
Truflo Marine Limited will project manage the design, manufacture and supply of more than 1,800 valves to cover the two ship sets. The valves specified include end entry ball, swing check, plug, butterfly and pressure relief valves for use in various systems; materials selected are aluminium bronze and carbon steel. Delivery into Greece of these high integrity parts will span three months from March through to June 2010.
Truflo Marine Limited are proud to have supplied valves for all of the ships in this class, the original five ship sets being procured through Vosper Thornycroft in the UK who liaised with Elefsis on the design of these ships. In addition Truflo Marine has provided and will continue to provide the through life support for this class of ship, both to Elefsis and the Hellenic Navy.
The relationship between Elefsis and Truflo Marine spans more than six years. Elefsis are comfortable with the knowledge that they can rely on Truflo Marine to supply a first class product and provide the necessary technical and through support necessary on a project of this importance.
The two new ships may be the last of this class currently planned by the Hellenic Navy but it is definitely a case of last but not least; these impressive vessels have a full load displacement of 580 tonnes, are 61.9 metres long and support a crew of 45.
Truflo Marine Ltd. Tel: 0121 327 4789
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 14
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review