Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
2006 saw the facility further enhanced with the introduction of ATaCS (Adanac Testing and Cryogenic Services), a purpose built pneumatic test area incorporating overhead crane, centralised test operating with CCTV monitoring, data logging & computer generated test report facilities. Four test stations, two fixed cold boxes and numerous mobile cold boxes the largest of which allows for full immersion of a 24" class 150 gate valve. The ATaCS facility allows Adanac to perform a wide range of pneumatic testing in a safe, professional environment.
A significant milestone, Adanac celebrated the 1000th low temperature test in August last year. A further 300 tests have been performed since then.
In addition to cryogenic and low temperature testing, the ATaCS facility offers Fugitive Emissions production and prototype testing to a wide range of user, European and international specifications. Also multi-operation performance testing, stem and gland packing performance evaluation, high and low pressure pneumatic testing both at ambient and sub-zero temperatures. The ability to carry out component performance testing to assist manufacturers with product development, Adanac have recently performed in-house thermal shock testing of a body seal for a large ball valve manufacturer.
Adanac Valve Specialties, Tel: 01359 240404
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 14
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- BiS Valves
- Flowserve First Valve Manufacturer To Achieve Testing Laboratory Accreditation
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- Developing standards
- Shipham Valves pass Fire Tests: High performance aluminium bronze butterfly valves successfully pass fire tests
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves