Rotork’s latest intelligent electric valve actuation technology
Rotork IQ isolating and IQM modulating actuators are being installed for the control of reservoir and dam valves at Ecker and Ederdam in a project undertaken by Harzwasserwerke. The IQM actuators are operating specialised needle valves of German manufacture demanding highly accurate positioning and IP68 watertight and temporarily submersible environmental protection for long term reliability.
Rotork’s order has been won on technical merit and competitive pricing in the face of fierce competition from European actuator manufacturers. Rotork’s German company successfully demonstrated to the valvemaker the environmental integrity of the double-sealed IQ actuator design, together with the simplicity of non-intrusive commissioning and the benefits of operational data logging for predictive maintenance. The valvemaker was also impressed with the responsive, positional accuracy and the 1200 starts per hour duty rating of the Rotork IQM modulating actuator design and the flexibility for remote programming and monitoring facilitated as standard by the IQ’s control specification.
Rotork Controls Ltd, Tel: +44 1225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork