Crane introduces Ultimate Diaphragm
CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions™, leading provider of highly engineered products for fluid handling applications worldwide, recently announced the introduction of its new Saunders® XA Diaphragm for its Industrial Diaphragm Valve (IDV) Collection. Developed in-house using a compound based on an ethylene propylene (EP) technology, the Saunders XA offers increased erosion resistance in both corrosive and abrasive applications, including fertilizer, metals, chemical and mining.
The distinctive design of this new diaphragm benefits users by:
• Providing enhanced flex life, resulting in reduced down time and improved productivity, thereby equating to a lower cost of ownership.
• Demonstrating a 70% improvement in elastic recovery, which results in a better sealing performance and reduced emissions.
• Allowing for maximized rebound resilience, leading to improved erosion resistance while maintaining the same high level of chemical resistance as previous Saunders EP and butyl-based diaphragms.
“We are continuously adding to and improving upon our existing product collection to provide our customers with the most relevant products that anticipate and meet their evolving needs,” said Massimo Amato, the newly appointed IDV Business Line Manager of Crane ChemPharma Flow Solutions, Saunders. “The Saunders XA Diaphragm falls directly in line with this objective by providing significant performance advantages in handling chemically aggressive slurries in a way that reduces the risk of downtime, and thus the total cost of ownership.”
The Saunders XA Diaphragm is fully compatible with all existing Saunders IDV product ranges and is available for both new installations and for diaphragm upgrades in existing Saunders valves. It also complies with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC and conforms to EN 13397 and MSS SP88.
Crane ChemPharma Flow Solutions, Tel: 01633 486 666
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- ASCO Numatics Introduces New Range of High Quality, High Performance Aseptic Diaphragm Valves: Unique design innovations enable reduced cleaning cycle times
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- New Saunders® Exelon range of diaphragms for aggressive slurries
- BiS Valves
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers